DCLS is committed to promoting a safe and healthy workplace for all employees.
Working safely is everyone's responsibility.
Delta Community Living Society will ensure that all employees are provided with a safe and healthy workplace. Executive Director, Managers and Supervisors acknowledge their duties under the Workers Compensation Act and its regulation. Workers are responsible for taking care to protect their own health and safety and others affected by their acts.
- Provide a safe work environment for all employees.
- Ensure that comprehensive occupational health and safety programs are established, supported, maintained and integrated into all operational activities.
- Ensure appropriate resources are in place.
- Ensure that staff are instructed and trained on how to perform their work safely.
- Conduct regular inspections, review work practices, equipment and areas.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed and a safe work environment is maintained.
- Perform their work safely.
- Report all unsafe acts or conditions.
- Follow all health and safety directives.
- Take necessary action to prevent accidents and occupational disease.
- Actively participate in creating and promoting a safe and productive work environment.